Baez appears on surveillance inside the Capitol. She appears to be texting, posting on social media, and walking peacefully with the crowd. She does not appear to engage in violence.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Stephanie
- Last Name(s): Baez
- Case Number: 21-cr-507
- Arrest Location: Huntsville, AL
- Judge: Paul L. Friedman
- Entry Last Updated: 11/27/2022
- Date Docket Downloaded: 08/10/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Stephanie Baez's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building (1) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building (2) Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (3) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (4)
Baez was arrested on 6/4/21. She was released on personal recognizance on 6/9/21. She entered a plea of not guilty to counts 1-4 on 8/16/21. Her bench trial has been rescheduled. There is a joint status report due on 12/1/22.
United States Attorney's Office Torre Chardón, Suite 1201 350 Carlos Chardón Avenue San Juan, PR 00918 Address [email protected] (787) 766-5656 (787) 771-4043 fax
- #1 SEALED COMPLAINT as to STEPHANIE M. BAEZ
- #1 a) Statement of Facts
- #3 MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to STEPHANIE M. BAEZ.
- #4 ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to STEPHANIE M. BAEZ (1). Signed by Magistrate Judge G. Michael Harvey on 5/28/2021.
- #5 Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 6/4/2021 as to STEPHANIE M. BAEZ in Huntsville, Alabama.
- #6 Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to STEPHANIE M. BAEZ from US District Court for the Northern District of Alabama Case Number 5:21-mj-1057-HNJ
- #8 NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE: John M. Pierce appearing for STEPHANIE M. BAEZ
- #9 ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to STEPHANIE M. BAEZ (1) Personal Recognizance. Signed by Magistrate Judge Zia M. Faruqui on 6/9/2021.
- #10 INFORMATION as to STEPHANIE M. BAEZ (1) count(s) 1, 2, 3, 4.
- #12 Joint MOTION to Vacate Status Hearing Before Magistrate Judge Meriweather Set for August 9, 2021, at 1:00 PM, and to Schedule Arraignment/Status Hearing Before Judge Paul L. Friedman at the Court's Earliest Convenience,
- #15 Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order Regarding Discovery by USA as to STEPHANIE MARYLOU BAEZ.
- #16 PROTECTIVE ORDER RE DISCOVERY as to STEPHANIE MARYLOU BAEZ (1). Signed by Judge Paul L. Friedman on August 17, 2021.
- #17 NOTICE Regarding Defense Counsel John Pierce, Esq., by USA as to STEPHANIE MARYLOU BAEZ
- #18 Unopposed MOTION to Continue Status Hearing to December 13, 2021, Unopposed MOTION to Exclude Time From Calculation Under the Speedy Trial Act by USA as to STEPHANIE MARYLOU BAEZ.
- #20 Joint MOTION to Continue Status Hearing, Joint MOTION to Exclude All Time Until Next Hearing from Calculation Under STA by USA as to STEPHANIE MARYLOU BAEZ.
- #21 NOTICE of Filing Discovery Memoranda by USA as to STEPHANIE MARYLOU BAEZ
- #21 a) Government's Memoranda 1 through 5 Regarding Status of Discovery
- #25 NOTICE of Proposed Order Filed Jointly and In Accordance With the Court's June 9, 2022, MINUTE ORDER by USA as to STEPHANIE MARYLOU BAEZ
- #26 SCHEDULING ORDER as to STEPHANIE MARYLOU BAEZ. See Scheduling Order for details. Signed by Judge Paul L. Friedman on August 5, 2022.
- #27-MOTION to Dismiss Count 2 OR 3 ON MULTIPLICITY GROUNDS by STEPHANIE MARYLOU BAEZ
- #28-MOTION to Dismiss Case ON FIRST AMENDMENT GROUNDS by STEPHANIE MARYLOU BAEZ
- #29-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Sonia Mittal appearing for USA
- #30-RESPONSE by USA as to STEPHANIE MARYLOU BAEZ re  MOTION to Dismiss Count 2 OR 3 ON MULTIPLICITY GROUNDS
- #31-Memorandum in Opposition by USA as to STEPHANIE MARYLOU BAEZ re  Motion to Dismiss Case On First Amendment Grounds
- #33-MOTION to Continue Trial Due to Medical Condition by STEPHANIE MARYLOU BAEZ
- #34-MOTION to Vacate TRIAL DATE AND CONTINUE TRIAL by STEPHANIE MARYLOU BAEZ
- #35-Joint STATUS REPORT Proposing Dates for an Amended Scheduling Order by USA as to STEPHANIE MARYLOU BAEZ
- #36-AMENDED SCHEDULING ORDER as to STEPHANIE MARYLOU BAEZ
In the news
- Coming soon