Baez appears on surveillance inside the Capitol. She appears to be texting, posting on social media, and walking peacefully with the crowd. She does not appear to engage in violence.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Stephanie
- Last Name(s): Baez
- Case Number: 21-cr-507
- Arrest Location: Huntsville, AL
- Judge: Paul L. Friedman
- Entry Last Updated: 08/01/2023
- Date Docket Downloaded: 08/10/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Stephanie Baez's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building (1) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building (2) Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (3) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (4)
Baez was arrested on 6/4/21. She was released on personal recognizance on 6/9/21. She entered a plea of not guilty to counts 1-4 on 8/16/21. A bench trial is now set for 9/26/2023 at 10:00 AM in Courtroom 29A- In Person before Judge Paul L. Friedman.
United States Attorney's Office Torre Chardón, Suite 1201 350 Carlos Chardón Avenue San Juan, PR 00918 Address [email protected] (787) 766-5656 (787) 771-4043 fax
N.C. Bar No. 56546Trial Attorney U.S. Department of Justice, Crim. Division Detailed to the D.C. U.S. Attorney’s Office 601 D St. NW Washington, DC 20004 Email: [email protected] Phone: (202) 431-8603
Troy A. Edwards, Jr
Assistant United States Attorney N.Y. Bar No. 5453741 555 4th Street, NW, Washington, D.C. 20530 Phone: (202)252-7081 Email: [email protected]
- #1 SEALED COMPLAINT as to STEPHANIE M. BAEZ
- #1 a) Statement of Facts
- #3 MOTION to Seal Case by USA as to STEPHANIE M. BAEZ.
- #4 ORDER granting 3 Motion to Seal Case as to STEPHANIE M. BAEZ (1). Signed by Magistrate Judge G. Michael Harvey on 5/28/2021.
- #5 Arrest Warrant Returned Executed on 6/4/2021 as to STEPHANIE M. BAEZ in Huntsville, Alabama.
- #6 Rule 5(c)(3) Documents Received as to STEPHANIE M. BAEZ from US District Court for the Northern District of Alabama Case Number 5:21-mj-1057-HNJ
- #8 NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE: John M. Pierce appearing for STEPHANIE M. BAEZ
- #9 ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to STEPHANIE M. BAEZ (1) Personal Recognizance. Signed by Magistrate Judge Zia M. Faruqui on 6/9/2021.
- #10 INFORMATION as to STEPHANIE M. BAEZ (1) count(s) 1, 2, 3, 4.
- #12 Joint MOTION to Vacate Status Hearing Before Magistrate Judge Meriweather Set for August 9, 2021, at 1:00 PM, and to Schedule Arraignment/Status Hearing Before Judge Paul L. Friedman at the Court's Earliest Convenience,
- #15 Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order Regarding Discovery by USA as to STEPHANIE MARYLOU BAEZ.
- #16 PROTECTIVE ORDER RE DISCOVERY as to STEPHANIE MARYLOU BAEZ (1). Signed by Judge Paul L. Friedman on August 17, 2021.
- #17 NOTICE Regarding Defense Counsel John Pierce, Esq., by USA as to STEPHANIE MARYLOU BAEZ
- #18 Unopposed MOTION to Continue Status Hearing to December 13, 2021, Unopposed MOTION to Exclude Time From Calculation Under the Speedy Trial Act by USA as to STEPHANIE MARYLOU BAEZ.
- #20 Joint MOTION to Continue Status Hearing, Joint MOTION to Exclude All Time Until Next Hearing from Calculation Under STA by USA as to STEPHANIE MARYLOU BAEZ.
- #21 NOTICE of Filing Discovery Memoranda by USA as to STEPHANIE MARYLOU BAEZ
- #21 a) Government's Memoranda 1 through 5 Regarding Status of Discovery
- #25 NOTICE of Proposed Order Filed Jointly and In Accordance With the Court's June 9, 2022, MINUTE ORDER by USA as to STEPHANIE MARYLOU BAEZ
- #26 SCHEDULING ORDER as to STEPHANIE MARYLOU BAEZ. See Scheduling Order for details. Signed by Judge Paul L. Friedman on August 5, 2022.
- #27-MOTION to Dismiss Count 2 OR 3 ON MULTIPLICITY GROUNDS by STEPHANIE MARYLOU BAEZ
- #28-MOTION to Dismiss Case ON FIRST AMENDMENT GROUNDS by STEPHANIE MARYLOU BAEZ
- #29-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Sonia Mittal appearing for USA
- #30-RESPONSE by USA as to STEPHANIE MARYLOU BAEZ re  MOTION to Dismiss Count 2 OR 3 ON MULTIPLICITY GROUNDS
- #31-Memorandum in Opposition by USA as to STEPHANIE MARYLOU BAEZ re  Motion to Dismiss Case On First Amendment Grounds
- #33-MOTION to Continue Trial Due to Medical Condition by STEPHANIE MARYLOU BAEZ
- #34-MOTION to Vacate TRIAL DATE AND CONTINUE TRIAL by STEPHANIE MARYLOU BAEZ
- #35-Joint STATUS REPORT Proposing Dates for an Amended Scheduling Order by USA as to STEPHANIE MARYLOU BAEZ
- #36-AMENDED SCHEDULING ORDER as to STEPHANIE MARYLOU BAEZ
- #37 Joint STATUS REPORT by USA as to STEPHANIE MARYLOU BAEZ
- #38 Joint STATUS REPORT and Proposed Dates for Pretrial Motions Hearing by USA as to STEPHANIE MARYLOU BAEZ
- #39 Joint MOTION to Continue Trial Date by USA as to STEPHANIE MARYLOU BAEZ
- #40 SECOND AMENDED SCHEDULING ORDER as to STEPHANIE MARYLOU BAEZ
- #41 Joint STATUS REPORT and Proposed Dates for Pretrial Motions Hearing by USA as to STEPHANIE MARYLOU BAEZ
- #42 MOTION to Vacate JOINT MOTION TO VACATE SCHEDULED MOTIONS HEARING by STEPHANIE MARYLOU BAEZ.
- #43 OPINION AND ORDER as to STEPHANIE MARYLOU BAEZ denying Ms. Baez's 27 Motion to Dismiss Counts Two or Three on Multiplicity Grounds; and denying Ms. Baez's 28 Motion to Dismiss the Information on First Amendment Grounds
- #44 Joint MOTION to Hold in Abeyance re 40 Order on Motion to Continue, All Dates and Deadlines from Second Amended Scheduling Order through July 6, 2023, Status Conference by USA as to STEPHANIE MARYLOU BAEZ
- #45 ORDER as to STEPHANIE MARYLOU BAEZ. The Court VACATES the pretrial deadlines in the 40 Second Amended Scheduling Order, the final pretrial conference scheduled for July 24, 2023, and the bench trial scheduled to begin on July 26, 2023. The bench trial is rescheduled to begin on September 26, 2023 at 10:00 a.m
- #46 NOTICE for trial by jury by STEPHANIE MARYLOU BAEZ
- #48 RESPONSE by USA as to STEPHANIE MARYLOU BAEZ re  MOTION for Hearing
- #49 THIRD AMENDED SCHEDULING ORDER as to STEPHANIE MARYLOU BAEZ. Defendant Stephanie Marylou Baez's 46 47 Notice and Motion for Trial by Jury is GRANTED. The trial currently scheduled for September 26, 2023 will begin on that date with jury selection in Courtroom 29 and will continue daily until trial is completed. The Final Pretrial Conference is rescheduled for September 18, 2023 at 10:00 a.m. via Zoom videoconference
- #50 NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Madison Mumma appearing for USA
- #51 NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Troy A. Edwards, Jr appearing for USA.
In the news
- Coming soon