Lloyd Cruz was eating lunch at a food truck after the rally and said he walked closer to the Capitol to help others after rubber bullets and tear gas were deployed.
He filmed the events outside with a GoPro camera and later walked into the building.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Lloyd
- Last Name(s): Cruz
- Case Number: 22-cr-00064
- Arrest Location: Kansas City, MO
- Judge: Reggie Walton
- Entry Last Updated: 09/18/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Lloyd Cruz's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (1) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (2)
Lloyd Cruz was arrested on 2/28/22 and indicted on 3/4. Superseding indictment issued on 3/11. On 3/29, he plead not guilty to all charges. There is a pretrial status conference scheduled on 12/12.
Andrew J. Tessman Assistant United States Attorney (Detailee) United States Attorney’s Office 300 Virginia Street Charleston, WV (304) 345-2200 [email protected]
- Cruz Complaint
- Cruz Statement of Facts
- INFORMATION as to LLOYD CASIMIRO CRUZ, JR
- SUPERSEDING INFORMATION as to LLOYD CASIMIRO CRUZ, JR
- #10-NOTICE United States' Memoranda Regarding Status of Discovery by USA as to LLOYD CASIMIRO CRUZ, JR
- #11-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #14-Unopposed MOTION for Disclosure OF ITEMS PROTECTED BY FEDERAL RULE OF CRIMINAL PROCEDURE 6(e) AND SEALED MATERIALS by USA as to LLOYD CASIMIRO CRUZ, JR
- #16-PROTECTIVE ORDER
- #17-ORDER granting  Motion for Disclosure as to LLOYD CASIMIRO CRUZ
- #18-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #20-ORDER as to LLOYD CASIMIRO CRUZ, JR
- #22-ORDER as to LLOYD CASIMIRO CRUZ
- #23-ORDER as to LLOYD CASIMIRO CRUZ, JR
- #25-ORDER as to LLOYD CASIMIRO CRUZ, JR
- #26-MOTION to Withdraw as Attorney by Ronna Holloman-Hughes. by LLOYD CASIMIRO CRUZ, JR
- #27-ORDER as to LLOYD CASIMIRO CRUZ, JR
- #29-GENERAL ORDER GOVERNING CRIMINAL CASES BEFORE THE HONORABLE REGGIE B. WALTON
- #30-PRE-TRIAL SCHEDULING ORDER as to LLOYD CASIMIRO CRUZ, JR
- #31-MOTION for Extension of Time to Extend deadlines by LLOYD CASIMIRO CRUZ, JR
- #32-RESPONSE by USA as to LLOYD CASIMIRO CRUZ, JR
- #33-ORDER as to LLOYD CASIMIRO CRUZ, JR
- #34-MOTION to Suppress Evidence and, MOTION to Dismiss Case Due to Fourth Amendment Violation by LLOYD CASIMIRO CRUZ, JR
- #36-ORDER as to LLOYD CASIMIRO CRUZ, JR
- #38-NOTICE OF SUBSTITUTION OF COUNSEL as to USA
In the news
- Coming soon