Colgan is seen on surveillance entering the Capitol with the crowd. He appears to behave peacefully and makes statements about his activities on social media. There is no evidence he engaged in violence.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Joshua
- Last Name(s): Colgan
- Case Number: 22-cr-00224
- Arrest Location: Wiscasett, ME
- Judge: Dabney Friedrich
- Entry Last Updated: 09/13/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Joshua Colgan's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (1) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (2) Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (3) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (4)
Colgan was arrested on 5/2/22 and ordered released on 5/10. Indicted on 6/24. On 7/12, he plead not guilty to all charges. His last status conference was held on 9/12. The next status conference is 11/18 at 11 30am, virtually.
Jeffrey Alexander Kiok
Jeffrey Alexander Kiok USAO-DC 601 D Street, NW Washington, DC 20530 [email protected] 202 307 5962
- Colgan Complaint
- Colgan Statement of Facts
- #5-Arrest Warrant, dated 4_29_2022, Returned Executed on 5_2_2022 as to JOSHUA COLGAN
- #6-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #8-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to JOSHUA COLGAN
- #9-MOTION to Modify Conditions of Release by USA as to JOSHUA COLGAN
- #10-Memorandum in Opposition by JOSHUA COLGAN re  MOTION to Modify Conditions of Release
- #11-ORDER granting  Motion to Modify Conditions of Release as to JOSHUA COLGAN
- #12-INFORMATION as to JOSHUA COLGAN
- #14-NOTICE OF SUBSTITUTION OF COUNSEL as to USA
- #15-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to JOSHUA COLGAN
- #16-Unopposed MOTION for Disclosure Federal Rule of Criminal Procedure 6(e) and Sealed Materials by USA as to JOSHUA COLGAN
- #17-ORDER granting the government's  Unopposed Motion for Protective Order
- #18-ORDER granting the government's  Unopposed Motion for an Order to Disclose Items Protected by Federal Rule of Criminal Procedure 6(e) and Sealed Materials
In the news
- Coming soon