Mellors is accused of spraying police with bear spray outside the doors of the Capitol. He was identified by a tipster who called the FBI after noticing his bloody ear.
He posted accounts of what he saw on Jan. 6th on Parler.
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): William
- Last Name(s): Mellors
- Case Number: 22-mj-162
- Arrest Location: Houston, TX
- Judge: Robin Meriweather
- Entry Last Updated: 08/14/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover William Mellors's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Assaulting, Resisting, or Impeding Certain Officers Using a Dangerous Weapon or Inflicting Bodily Injury (1) Civil Disorder (2) Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds (3) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds (4) Engaging in Physical Violence in a Restricted Building or Grounds (5) Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (6) Act of Physical Violence in the Capitol Grounds or Buildings (7)
Mellors was arrested on 7/18/22 and released on personal recognizance the following day. His last status conference took place on 8/2. Another one is scheduled for 10/11 at 1pm virtually.
Frederick Walton Yette U.S. ATTORNEY'S OFFICE National Security Section 555 Fourth Street, NW Washington, DC 20018 (202) 252-7733 Fax: (202) 252-7792 [email protected]
- #1-1-Mellors Statement of Facts
- #1-Mellors Complaint
- #5-Arrest Warrant, dated 7_15_2022, Returned Executed on 7_18_2022 as to WILLIAM HENDRY MELLORS
- #6-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to WILLIAM HENDRY MELLORS
- #7-MOTION for Waiver of Preliminary Hearing by WILLIAM HENDRY MELLORS
- #8-ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to WILLIAM HENDRY MELLORS
- #9-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #10-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #11-PROTECTIVE ORDER
- #14-Consent MOTION to Vacate Preliminary Hearing
- #15-ORDER granting  Motion to Vacate, Motion to Continue and Exclude as to WILLIAM HENDRY MELLORS
In the news
- Coming soon