Google phone records released to the government showed Speed was present at the Capitol on Jan. 6. After the event, he spoke with an undercover FBI agent and said he was there.
When that individual spoke to Speed a second time, Speed said Antifa was breaking windows and police were using tear gas to force the crowd into off-limit areas.
“They spent a good hour hitting us with tear gas, rubber bullets, and all kinds of things,” Speed said.
“We still weren’t getting violent, because that’s not why we were there.”
Please keep in mind that in the United States, every citizen charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- First Name(s): Hatchett
- Last Name(s): Speed
- Case Number: 22-cr-00244
- Arrest Location: McLean, VA
- Judge: Trevor McFadden
- Entry Last Updated: 10/30/2022
- Currently Incarcerated: No
- Support: We are not aware of any donation campaigns to help cover Hatchett Speed's legal and living expenses. If one is in place, please contact us with the details. If one is not yet in place, consider creating a donation campaign with GiveSendGo, and then send that link to us.
Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building (1) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building (2) Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building (3) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building (4)
Speed was arrested on 6/22/22 and appeared in court on 6/23. Indicted 7/18. His bench trial is scheduled for 2/24/23 at 9 30am in Courtroom 2.
- Speed Complaint
- Speed Statement of Facts
- #3-MOTION to Seal Affidavit in Support of Criminal Complainy by USA as to HATCHET SPEED
- #4-ORDER granting  Motion to Seal Affidavit in Support of Criminal Complaint as to HATCHET SPEED
- #5-Arrest Warrant, dated 6_21_2022, Returned Executed on 6_22_2022 as to HATCHET SPEED
- #6-MOTION to Set Requested Conditions of Release by USA as to HATCHET SPEED
- #10-ORDER Setting Conditions for High Intensity Supervision Program as to HATCHET SPEED
- #12-REDACTED STATEMENT OF FACTS by USA as to HATCHET SPEED re  Complaint with Statement of Facts
- #13-Unopposed MOTION for Disclosure by USA as to HATCHET SPEED
- #14-Unopposed MOTION for Protective Order by USA as to HATCHET SPEED
- #15-NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE
- #16-PROTECTIVE ORDER setting forth procedures for handling confidential material; allowing designated material to be filed under seal as to HATCHET SPEED
- #17-Unopposed MOTION to Modify Conditions of Release to Travel to Attend Medical Appointment by HATCHET SPEED
- #19-ORDER granting  Motion to Modify Conditions of Release and granting  Motion to Travel as to HATCHET SPEED
- #20-INFORMATION as to HATCHET SPEED
- #22-STANDING ORDER Establishing Procedures for Misdemeanor Cases Before Judge Trevor N. McFadden as to HATCHET SPEED
- #24-Unopposed MOTION to Modify Conditions of Release to Attend Drill by HATCHET SPEED
- #26-Unopposed MOTION to Travel to Attend Medical Appointment by HATCHET SPEED
- #29-WAIVER of Trial by Jury as to HATCHET SPEED
In the news
- Coming soon